Friday 5 February 2016

Off the Painting Table (Feb 2016)


That’s it! Done, dusted, out of the way! I’ve finished painting all my spurious fantasy figures that have lurked in a box in the attic for what seems like an eternity.

The final batch consisted of 20 Goblins produced by Mantic that must have been bought from a bring-and-buy stall sometime in the past that I have no recollection of. I have no prior experience of Mantic figures and I think they are OK’ish. Not as well sculpted or animated as GW figures. I think they are over clothed and/or armoured, and I’m disappointed with the armament options; a few axes or clubs could have been included rather than just sword arms. On the plus side, Mantic are apparently significantly cheaper than the overpriced GW products (but as these were second-hand figures, this is not a consideration here). Anyway these Goblins can now join my ‘Bag Guys’ Kings of War army, bringing the points total to the 2,000 points target.

No comments:

Post a Comment