Monday 12 February 2018

Off the Painting Table (Feb 2018)


A bit of light relief following the massed WW1 French army, just a few wild west figures. These are from Artisan and allow me to create two half-size (12 point) gangs for Dead Man’s Hand i.e. Bandito’s and Pinkerton Agents.


The sculpts are good and crisp. The Mexicans are nicely animated; I particularly like the man fanning his pistol, and the rifle armed figure. The Pinkerton figures are less animated and, disappointingly, I got a duplicate (twin) figure. For identification purposes, I name each figure (label on rear of base), and the ‘twinned’ Pinkerton figure inspired me to name the agents:- Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb. Any British reader of a certain age will quickly recognise the names! (NB/ I realise that it should strictly be “Pugh, Pugh,..”; i.e. the twins).

Anyway, I’m pleased with the painting. The colours etc. are a bit ‘clean’, especially the Agents dust-coats, but I will leave them a while. In future, if the crisp colours bother me, I can go back and give the figures a brown-wash to dull things down a little.

I’m back to a limited lead-pile again, so I’m starting to think about my next project. Currently pondering about getting some ACW ironclad riverine models to use with RFCM “Hammerin’ Iron” rules – Any thoughts out there? I might get to the Overlord show in March, otherwise I will have to wait until Salute in late April.

No comments:

Post a Comment